WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHAT ARE THEY FOR?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on the device through which you access a website, more specifically, through the browser used for this purpose, and which collect information regarding your navigation on that website.
Cookies have the main function of facilitating and personalizing your browsing experience, but, not being the only reason for their use, they will also serve other purposes, namely, helping us to prevent fraud, optimizing our services, and identifying your preferences so that we can present you with advertisements and offers tailored to your interests.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED THROUGH COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies collect:
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
- Traffic and location information , such as your IP address (Internet Protocol Address), your location captured using a Global Positioning System (or GPS system), WI-FI access points and mobile networks covered by your device;
- Access and session information , ie the number generated to identify you as a user in the session on a given website (Session ID), the date of login and the most searched words;
- Device information , detecting, for example, the operating system and browser used, the date and duration of the visit to the website, and the identification of other websites visited;
- Information regarding user behavior , such as the number of clicks made and the most visited pages.
There are session cookies (temporary duration) and persistent cookies (long duration).
The former are only used for the period in which you browse a particular site, after which they are deleted, and which allow you to maintain your browsing on that site, without having to log in again, even if you change pages; The seconds are stored on your device, even after browsing the site, and aim to allow you to return to that site without the settings initially defined by you changing in this new navigation.
Cookies can also be categorized according to the various purposes associated with them.
HOW TO DELETE/BLOCK COOKIES?
- Necessary Cookies: These cookies are always used, regardless of your consent, as they are strictly necessary for the regular functioning of the website. The necessary cookies aim to ensure operability, optimization and security issues and are, as a rule, persistent cookies.
- Analytical/Statistical Cookies: These are cookies that allow you to quantify the number of users of a website and analyze their behavior, in order to define strategies to improve the service provided. As a rule, these are third-party cookies.
- Advertising/Marketing Cookies: This type of cookies aims to collect information about the use made of the website, allowing the identification of user preferences so that the advertising addressed to them meets their interests.
- Performance/Functional Cookies: This type of cookies is intended to activate features on our website that would not be possible without them.
Cookies can be deleted at any time, for which you must follow the instructions provided by your browser (eg firefox, chrome, explorer), and some browsers also provide “DNT” (“do not track”) tools.
To configure cookies in your browser, you must follow the steps identified in it (see links below):